We have a set of standard schemes (Issue Type (EG_ITSS), Workflow(EG_WFS), Screen(EG_SS), Fields(EG_FS)) for IT projects in our organization. When we are making changes, how shall we version different things properly. This is what I am thinking:
- If I change the Defect workflow, then I shall create a new Defect_v2 workflow, then a new EG_WFS_v2 to use the new Defect_v2 workflow.
- If I change the Defect_Screen, then I shall create a new Defect_Screen_v2, then a new EG_SS_v2 to use the new Defect_Screen_v2.
- If I change the custom fields, then I shall create a new EG_FS_v2.
This way, our standard set of schemes are always advancing too, if I just do 1., then the set of standard schemes will be (EG_ITSS, EG_WFS_v2, EG_SS, EG_FS).
Does this sounds right? How you guys are doing it? Is there a way to baseline the whole design in JIRA so we can easily rollback? How do you guys normally do the change to the production environment? Just update the current version?
A related question is here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12267539 One problem is we have a hundred projects and JIRA doesn't provide a solution for bulk change: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/104158. It's almost impossible to change all of them manually if I create a new version of scheme?
Thanks
Jirong