What I am trying to do:
copy bookmarks from Firefox into Confluence
steps I took:
-open bookmarks drop down
-right click on a folder -> copy
-paste into a new confluence page in edit mode
behaviour: The links get copied perfectly. URLs and their decriptions are pasted and transferred into Confluence links. Subfolder are indented so the hierarchy is displayed as well.
problem: neither in preview nor in the page view any content is shown. If I save the page and go back to edit mode, no content is displayed. I tested a bit and found out that if I remove the formatting completely, it works.
question: Is there a way to replace that indentations? Or another way to get a couple hundred booksmarks easily on a confluence page? If I remove it completly, all my links are one text without linebreaks or blanks, and I'd have to sort the URLs anew.
edit: for some reason, I can't add comments, atm. So I will update the data in here:
Giving an example doesn't really work without using Confluence wysiwyg editor, but I'll try.
If I:
-open bookmarks drop down
-right click on a folder -> copy
I have the output in my Clipboard. Whereverelse I paste this (jEdit, Windows Editor, Clipboard Tools, Eclipse...), I get the following output:
Spys
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/InstantMockupForEclipseSWTApplications
But if I paste it in confluence I get:
Spys
Balsamiq for Eclipse SWT Applications
With an indented URL, the description I placed on my bookmark and a correct link to the page behind it.