Hi,
I am trying to finish up upgrading and migrating to confluence 8.x but I need to backup my current version of 5.10. Is there any KB on how to backup, as well as recovering the admin account as no one seems to have permissions.
Hi @Josh Jaggat thank you for your message.
Given that you are on Confluence 5.10, your upgrade path begins with a move to 7.19.x:
Please see the following documentation to assist with your upgrade:
Please also see this document on how to recover Admin user rights in 5.10.x.
I hope that helps!
Charlie
Hi Josh,
Here's the documentation to get you where you need to be.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf64/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-936511358.html
-Ben
Thanks @Charlie Marriott , issue is I am not sure how feasible upgrading is since I am trying to migrate to windows from linux. The server is pretty sensitive and I don't want to break confluence by upgrading
Thanks Ben, I am actually not sure where my confluence home directory is. I can a systemctl status to see confluence, and I can see its directory is in /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin, but I do not see any h2 databases (that I am aware of) and there isnt a standalone db from what I can tell as psql is for mattermost and I've verified that already @Benjamin
Seems like you were able to recover. That's good to hear. Usually, you can find the DB info in the system info.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.