Hi.
I am using lookupIssues functionality to do automation. I can't get customfield value to display in email automation.Is there any workaround to do the same..Afaik we can't get customfield value as per jira Data center limitation. Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Hi @[deleted]
Custom fields are not yet supported for Lookup Issues with Jira Server / Data Center. Here is the suggestion to add those: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-877
For some background, when Lookup Issues was first added for Jira Cloud, it also only supported about a dozen fields. About a year later, all of the other fields were added. Perhaps the same will happen for the non-Cloud versions.
As a work-around, you could call the REST API issue search with JQL, using the Send Web Request action, and that will probably include all of the fields.
Kind regards,Bill
it would be great to see a screenshot of your rule. Please include details of the given components where you are struggling.
Welcome to the community.
Which limitation do you mean?
This format is used to get custom field value: {{issue.customfield_xxxxx}}
Jira smart values - issues
If you mean something different, please share more details.
Thank you..I am using this.
<ul>{{#lookupIssues}}<li><a href="{{url}}">{{key}} -{{fixVersions.name}}</a> - {{summary}} -{{status.name}} -{{customfield_16961.value}}</li>{{/}}</ul>
Other than customfield everything works and I can see in log action.
Thank you. Here is the snippet and it works well except customfield
@Bill Sheboy Thanks..yes I am aware of the limitations..Thanks for the workaround..I got 5 issues from lookup and I want to mention them in email content..how to make use of rest API for each issue..I think we don't have options to iterate through lookup issues to find info for a each and every issue.
When using Send Web Request this way, the response contains the issues with their fields, the same as with Lookup Issues and so may be iterated over. The difference is referencing the {{webhookResponse}} rather than {{lookupIssues}}
Please look see this how-to article for calling the Jira REST API functions from a rule:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828
Depending upon which function you call, the response will be different. I recommend writing a test rule to call the REST API function, and writing the response to the audit log. That will show the structure to help iterate over it in the email.
@Bill Sheboy Thanks..I have 4 issue filtered out by jql and I want to send them in single email with customfield value. Webhook is sending into 5 different email.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.