JIRA does not display some controls in FireFox 119 (64-bit), notably, the left menu section controls are missing. Also, the browser console shows dozens of errors. See the pictures attached. The same problem is described here.
Hi All,
A quick note, we were able to address this issue using the fix recommended in this article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/commenting-on-or-transitioning-issues-in-jira-server-and-data-center-using-firefox-or-safari-fails-due-to-modified-referrer-policy-1180147570.html
Hopefully others can also resolve with it!
Hi @Isaac Adjovu ,
I use Firefox pretty frequently and have not seen anything recently like this. Can you confirm if other users are experiencing the same thing? Is it possible that you have some extensions on Firefox that could be conflicting? If all else fails, I would report to Atlassian support so they can investigate.
@Isaac AdjovuI would suggest to reset your Firefox settings to review JIRA behavior on your end. Post that you may do as mentioned above by @Jack Brickey
Thanks for your responses, I can confirm this is being experienced by multiple users who are using Firefox. Also, some of them just tested in Firefox private mode, no plugins active with the same result.
@Isaac Adjovu
That bug you've provided a link for is for an old version of Jira Server.... version 8.x.
Generally speaking, if an issue has already been logged as a bug, you should add your comments to that bug report, as re-raising the same issue here in this public community forum will change nothing.
Also, generally speaking, these sorts of problems with the old versions of Jira Server will probably get worse over time as web browsers change and evolve. The Server product range becomes totally unsupported in one month. The clock is ticking!
I spent more time on this than I'd like to admit, but I believe I've nailed down exactly why this is happening.In over 200 JIRA issue reloads where the issue never fully loaded, leaving a left sidebar and white page in its 'loading...' state, I changed one value in `about:config` in Firefox, and it's reloaded that same issue successfully over 50 times consecutively.Try changing `network.modulepreload` to `false` in your `about:config` in Firefox, and see if that helps.
Clearing browser Cookies and Site data resolved this!Step-by-step:
Went into a deep deep rabbit hole due to the original description!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.