Make a workflow with only one step, Closed?
That's a very unusual request. Can you explain the context a little bit more? Are ALL issues to be auto-closed, or only those created under certain circumstances?
Create a very simple workflow with just one status: Closed
After creation the issue will automatically be closed. I would also set a resolution in a post-fucntion if I were you. I don't really know why you would want to do that but that would be an easy fix.
Cheers
Hey Frode, Can we kindly have a clarification about your final goal ? Right now, I think this is necessary just when you want to record some summaries on your backlog (Not sure about your idea).
In additional with the Christian and Nicolas responses, you can also set this workflow based on a issue type, so this operation will happen just when you select a specific issue type.
Why would you want that?
I have created a simple workflow with a post-function that is supposed to set the resolution, but somehow this doesn't work.
The backstory here is that i have created a task-type called record. I use this for registering various items for statistics. I have expanded the use of JIRA to cover many different aspects of the organisation. In this particular case i have created a Service Desk Request type called Carpool, this is for an Environmental campaign to get people to do more carpooling and i am using the service desk for people to record this. So it is for statistics only and i want it to go to Resolved=Done on registration.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.