As usual, all appeared to go OK in the upgrade - but then the installer is quite brief. However, after checking the Jira Windows Service settings (something I do from old) and then clicking OK to start Jira to complete the upgrade installation, the Browser remains blank with errors.jsp. This is connecting to an Oracle DB which is fine.
I stopped the Jira Service, checked the Jira account is OK in Oracle and restarted the Jira Service, but the Browser is the same. I am not sure where to look in the Atlassian logs, I removed and reinstalled the Windows Service with service.bat but errors page persists. Please advise on how I can proceed.
I did check the basic log, and starting from the bottom of the atlassian-jira.log file I search on "fail" upwards to find the last one.
2024-01-05 11:37:53,931+0000 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher] JIRA has failed to start because of the following errors: [(Event: Level = (EventLevel: fatal) , Key = (EventType: startup-unexpected) , Desc = We couldn't start JIRA , Exception = An error occurred while trying to start JIRA. We can't give you any more detail right now, we suggest checking the logs for more detail and contacting our support team.<br/>See our documentation for more information on contacting our support team and creating a support zip.), (Event: Level = (EventLevel: fatal) , Key = (EventType: startup-unexpected) , Desc = We couldn't start JIRA , Exception = An error occurred while trying to start JIRA. We can't give you any more detail right now, we suggest checking the logs for more detail and contacting our support team.<br/>See our documentation for more information on contacting our support team and creating a support zip.), (Event: Level = (EventLevel: fatal) , Key = (EventType: database) , Desc = Could not execute health check, DatabaseConfigurationManager not available. , Exception = ]
2024-01-05 11:37:53,931+0000 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Startup is complete. Jira is ready to serve.