So we are trying Confluence in our firm. We have just started the trial period and it looks promising. However, we are having issues with our Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Active Directory integration to Confluence.
We are hosting Confluence + Questions + Polls on the DC as well.
When a user wants to change their password the following error appears:
"Sorry, but your password could not be changed. Please try again, and contact your administrator if the problem persists."
- The User Directory Setting is: Windows Active Directory + Read/Write
- AD runs a certificate service and I have created a root certificate signed and imported with JDK keytool. %JAVA_HOME% is also configured correctly.
- Uses SSL port 636 - this was also tested with ldp.exe in AD Role tools.
- SSL was also tested with the Confluence test and everything was "success"
- I have created a confluence user in AD for the LDAP connection. The ADS has delegated the appropiate permissions to this user. Aka. reseting and chaning passwords, read user information and managing user accounts.
What am I missing, why can a user not change their password ?