I've given administrative rights to a new user in my group -- he has the highest levels of persmissions for both JIRA and Confluence, but he is unable to view pages in JIRA or create tasks through JIRA. Confluence is fine. Help please?
Having "the highest levels of persmissions" does not mean that the user has permission to create content in JIRA/Confluence. There is a quick way to figure out what permission a user has is JIRA (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-admin-helper-plugin). For Confluence, thats abit harder. You will have to first check the page restrictions, then space permission and last global permission.
Another way to put this: Admin rights give you admin rights. Browse rights give you browse rights. They are separate permissions.
As an admin, your new user will be able to investigate his permissions, but I think they'll find they don't have any browse rights. Of course, as an admin, they can also fix it.
Ah ok, I had added him to all the groups except the "users" group -- problem solved. Thanks for the help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.