I'm trying to use Jira issues for a help desk. When a new issue is received I want it to get added to the current sprint so it can get worked by the helpdesk team. We have 1 project and that project has several agile boards active at the same time. So I need to be able to assign it to the active sprint on a specific agile board automatically.
When I try to add an issue to a current sprint using Jira process automation I get the following error:
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):
This is what my edit issue block looks like:
And when I try to run the automation this is the error message I get;

I have confirmed the actor on the automation flow has permission to edit the sprints. And if I manually assign the issue to the sprint after it's opened I can get the ID number of the active sprint.
I need to find some way to either use the automation to add the issue to the active sprint, or I need to find a way to use an advanced Smart Value edit to assign the issue to the ID number for the current sprint. But I don't want to manually edit the sprint number every 2 weeks. I need to have it automatically grab the id number for the newest sprint every time this flow runs,