When I installed Confluence on Windows, I didn't install MySQL or any other database. How do I backup the current db? Is it Sqlite?
There are many answers to this question. Using the build in confluence backup is one approach. Not advisable if the instance is large though.
If its a Confluence instance worth doing backup on I would advice moving your production site to Postgres. Doing that is a pretty straight forward approach.
Atlassian has plenty of documentation regarding this that could be helpful.
Perhaps the easiest way to solve this is doing a complete backup of the server since if the database in conjunction with the confluence data needs to be and exact match. If not you might end up with corrupt DB data and that is a mess to clean up
Cheers
Per
We're still using a trial edition; that's what we plan to do when we "go live" with an actual licensed edition. So it's a pretty small database as it is.
Do you have a recommendation for backing it up now? Currently we don't have a DBMS like Postgres or MySQL; I just chose defaults when we installed it.
I would not recommend it but you can backup the whole server using the built in backups in your case. It takes a complete backup that can be used for restore purpose. You can find it under http://your.confluenceserver.com/admin/dailybackupadmin.action
//Per
Look at the "system information" page, that will tell you what the database is.
It is probably hsql though. You should migrate to a proper database, as hsql can fail without warning or backup. To do so, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html
Sure, we plan on using a real database system when we go live. Currently we're using a trial license but we've added some actual content.
Thanks. Like I said, we'll eventually go with a real DBMS once we purchase Confluence.
For those of you, like me, who found this article when looking for resources on Confluence Cloud Backups - here's a fresh new article that we created outlinging 3 different methods (manual, script and app).https://www.revyz.io/blog/how-to-backup-confluence
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.