Hi everyone,
I've made a terrible mistake: I was doing some cleanup and used a groovy script to bulk delete some dashboards... And I had paid no attention to it but among them was the System Dashboard, and now it's been deleted and my front page is all broken.
I've tried to run some db queries on a test instance to check what I could do. I switched the ID and Sequence values of the System Dashboard in the database with another dashboard I had just created, hoping that this way I would be able to replace the usual system dashboard with a dashboard I would have created.
However, after restarting Jira, I was surprised to find out that the app had found a way to follow the old System Dashboard even though I had changed its ID and sequence value through SQL queries. It was now empty (as I had made no change to the portletconfiguration table that associates gadgets to dashboards) and when I tried to add a gadget to it it was associated to the new ID I had set to my old System Dashboard. Basically, Jira had followed it.
I have no idea how this is possible. Does someone know the rules how Jira defines what the System Dashboard is? I'm wondering if it may have something to do with the username of the dashboard creator (the System Dashboard is the only one for which it's empty) ot its title (it needs to be called System Dashboard maybe).
Cheers,
Simon