I've started testing migrations and I'm running into the migration claiming success, but I can't access the migrated space. According to this KB Article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/space-pages-and-content-cannot-be-seen-after-migration-1108487658.html
I need to Assign Space Permissions which is blocked to the Free tier. So, is there another workaround or is migration not available to tiny (<10 user) sites like mine?
Hello @jmckeown2
Are you able to access the Confluence Cloud product itself?
Did you have access to the space in the self-hosted instance?
What migration method did you use?
Did you migrate the users and groups from your self-hosted instance to the cloud site/product?
@Trudy P ClaspillThanks for replying..
Yes, I can access Confluence Cloud
Yes, I can access the self-hosted space (with admin privs)
I used the migration assistant from within my instance
Yes, I migrated users and groups.
The problem is that: "The relationship between the users and their assigned groups is not preserved during the migration. Users, including administrators, must be reassigned to permission groups as a post-migration activity." (source: linked KB article)
but the recommended solution:
DOES NOT WORK because "Space Permissions" is not available in the Free Cloud product, and requires Standard or better.
You will need to upgrade your Confluence Cloud instance from the Free subscription to a trial of the Standard subscription in order to have access to manage space permissions.
https://support.atlassian.com/subscriptions-and-billing/docs/manage-your-bill-for-standard-and-premium-plans/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.