Hi How to add watchers while creating issue ?
Hey,
I don't want to offend you but have you actually tried to search this forum or use Google before posting your question? These are the first hits for the google search: "jira add watchers during issue creation": (the first one even gives you the righ answer as Jobin did...)
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Add+watchers+in+the+Issue+creation+screen
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5493
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/89704/manage-watchers-in-create-issue
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/175653/how-can-i-add-watchers-while-creating-an-issue-with-ondemand
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/16717/can-i-add-watchers-while-creating-new-issues-at-once
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.jira.user/59997
http://justinit.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/jira-add-watchers-at-issue-creation/
I mean everyone here is happy to help out anytime but this is sth. that has been answered like a thousand times...
Cheers
Christian
By default, JIRA doesn't allow it. Try this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.burningcode.jira.issue.customfields.impl.jira-watcher-field
You can add the watcher field to Create screen.
Yes, install the plugin and add the custom field as described the documenation. You can then add the field in any screens you want.
Do you know how to add it?
A good 20% of the questions here are answerable with lmgtfy, it's quite a sad indication that people are too lazy to try for themselves.
It's also one reason I'd like to see a "top 10 answers" type thing here, with some sort of pre-posting check for the questions we've all seen a million times (field level security, multi level sub-tasks, etc)
A "top 10" would be a great idea indeed. The forum search functionality isn't the best either. I find myself going back to Google using the site search (site:answers.atlassian.com) all the time...
Did I do something wrong, b/c it is just another field with the user pick list? ... So now on View I have 2 watcher fields, the new one and the old one?
O.k. but the mentioned workaround does not work fuer OnDeman installations. Does anyone have another idea?
There isn't one for OnDemand
Now this is the #1 result on google
There appears to be an autowatch plugin for ondemand instances which would allow you to get closer to what you want, but not exact: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.addon.connect.jiraautowatch
Automatically manage watchers based on defined JQL queries
I am trying to install JIRA Autowatch to my OnDemand/Cloud instance but it is not coming up on the Add-ins page. It says it is free for OnDemand though. Has anyone installed it recently?
I have the same problem here. Did you find a solution?
Remove the watcher field from issue view screens.
I believe the answer to this question can now be found at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver071/editing-and-collaborating-on-issues-802172683.html
What permissions do you need?
To view other users watching or voting for an issue, you need the View Voters and Watchers and Manage Watcher List project permissions.
What about JIRA Cloud?
So... it is not possible for OnDemand?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.