Hello! We have a custom script here, that parses the entire XML-dump of a Jira instance to create separate JSON-files for each project, that we wish to import. We are using this to consolidate our several JIRA-instances into one.
Everything is peachy except for the creation of subtasks (other issue-relationships got created nicely).
The subtasks are special, because they use one more attribute -- "sequence" (populating the SEQUENCE-column of the issuelink-table in the JIRA database). I see the "sequence" attribute in the XML-dump of the source JIRA-instance:
<IssueLink id="10012" linktype="10000" source="10405" destination="10465" sequence="1"/>
but I can not add it to JSON as one more attribute of a link -- JSON-importer bombs. If I do not add it, then JSON importer runs smoothly, but the HTML-rendering of any ticket containing any subtasks will include a nasty Java exception. See JRA-34729 for more details -- the above-mentioned SEQUENCE-column of the issuelink-table remains set to NULL...
Though I'm certain, the problem will be fixed soon, what can we do now to work around it? Can the same relationships between already existing tickets be imported via CSV or some other format? Can I simply update the SEQUENCE field directly in the database? And, if so, will such DB-manipulation require a JIRA restart?
Please, advise. Thanks!