Hi, Is there an option to disable or restrict viewing for Page History and remove last modified banner.
Hi Darren,
Why? Of what use would it to be to hide the history of a wiki page? The whole point of software like Confluence is that you get to track and understand change.
Certainly ideal state is not to need to suppress information, but I can see use cases for wanting to restrict page history. Imagine a policy update and you don't want new folks seeing the old version (e.g. prior benefits were higher/better/whatever).
The point of a wiki is to encourage collaboration and openness. Hiding previous information is a bad thing to do.
I don't necessarily disagree, just pointing out there may be use cases that folks perceive as being legitimate reasons that would necessitate hiding prior versions from some folks.
If you truly feel the need to do this, you should look into what happens to the page history and Created/Modified by when you copy or move a page. One of these wipes out the history and I think the Modified by person and date are set to the person who does the move/copy.
I'll let you search the community questions and Confluence documentation for information.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.