I'm hoping to get a little more information about Time Tracking in Jira Align. We have on-premises versions of both Jira Data Center (with Tempo) and Jira Align. I understand the majority of the features have been removed. I'm also aware that Tempo (or time tracking) is synced from Jira at the Sub-Task (Task in Align) level. Finally, I know that there is Identification and Work Codes, that I believe you can link to Epics and Stories. While there is documentation about how to create/edit these codes, there seems to be nothing about how that functionality works.
I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for more information/documentation about a) time tracking and how it's used other than being tracked in Align Tasks (e.g., reporting) and b) how Identification/Work Codes are used/their purpose in finance rollup. Really anything regarding time tracking in Align would be welcome.
Thank you!