There are a few questions and answers about them, but I'm looking to do this without involving the DBA.
Trying to move Jira 5.2.7 to 6.2.3, though there is the compatability error when trying to "Restore From Backup" with XML.
So, I decided to spin up a server for staging. Restore From Backup worked fine. However, when I tried to login (on both the local account used during setup and an admin account from the old server) it simply times out and returns no error in the logs, but it has shown me this one:
Sorry, a communication error occurred while trying to contact the remote authentication server.
From the auto logs it hasn't shown anything, tail -f catalina.out will only show me errors involving mail handlers.
So, it appears that the restored backup is trying to reach the LDAP server from before. I'm wondering if there is a way on the Test Machine to modify a file and have it point to the local account I had created, avoid LDAP and make the world a better place all in one fel swoop?