Hi all,
How would one go about having an overview-board with a list "Not Doing" which scans all other boards for a "Doing" list and when one is found that is empty (indicating I'm currently not doing anything for said project/board) it adds a card with the name of that board to this "Not Doing" list. When something is found then that card is removed again.
An example could be a card called "Learning to Cook" being added to the "Not Doing" list of my overview-board. This would then indicate the "Doing" list in the "Learning to Cook" board is empty. Once I add, for example, a "seasoning basics" card to the "Doing" list the "Learning to Cook" card in the "Not Doing" list in my overview-board is removed.
What I'm able to do through automation is to have other boards create a new, unique, card in the "Not Doing" list on my overview board when it detects an empty list and since I can give the new card any name I want I just give it the name of the board in question. Some drawbacks are that I need to add and configure this rule for each project-board (this does have the advantage that I can easily exclude some project-boards) and that it does not detect when something is added to a "Doing" list, it can only detect when something is removed. So detecting when nothing is being done is possible, but then detecting when something is being done is not yet possible.