I am following the tutorial "Here be Dragons" Stage 1 found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Dragons+Stage+1+-+Install+JIRA
I am using a ec2.micro Ubuntu instance on AWS. I am able to install all the software and login to the JIRA setup wizard on the browser remotely, and I can even get a successful database connection test. When I click next, it loads for a while and then all connection is lost. I try to log back in at the main port 8080 and it says webpage unavailable. I don't know what happened, but it appears to now be unavailable via the browser. Any help is appreciated.
Check the load on the server. JIRA does not run on EC2 Micro instances as they don't have enough memory to properly load the system.
please retag with below if it makes sense
jira jira-installation installation linux
you need to look into catlina.out and atlassian-jira.log files for exact errors.
I didn't notice anything so I've uploaded my log files.
(atlassian-jira.log) , (catalina.2014-08-08.log) ,
I wasn't sure what to look for, so I've uploaded my log files.
(atlassian-jira.log)
(catalina.2014-08-08.log)
(catalina.out.txt)
The Jira log shows it's only just starting up, you need to wait until it finishes startup.
What do you mean "startup"? It loaded in the browser and everything. I was able to configure and test the database. Then clicked Next, and it sort of "crashed" I guess.
Thats what I was wondering. Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.