I'm currently evaluating Confluence and Jira and have a few questions. I know similar questions have been answered here before - i just wanted to know if my approach would be possible with the licensing scheme.
We have about 80 users in LDAP, but are intending less than 25 users for confluence and probably less than 10 for jira. Both Jira and Confluence have problems resolving groups from LDAP at the moment - users work right. Would the following be possible:
* I synchronize all users from LDAP, but don't add them to the group confluence-users (or jira-users) by default (ldap scheme is "Read only with local groups").
* I add only those users we want to use confluence/jira to the group "confluence-users" (or jira-users) manually.
Now technically users not belonging to any group can still login - they can't do anything though. So how would this count on the license?