I am very, very new to JSM. We have 15 different support teams and a very long list of environments / products that our customers can submit a ticket for help.
Most of the teams would have the same issue types (New Accounts, Change Permissions, Fix account, Patch server, Report Issue, Report Outage, etc...).
If I make the Request GROUP the name of the team, then we lose that information in the ticket. Ergo, if I have an Oracle DBA request group and an Oracle HR request group and both have New Account as an Issue Type...there's no way to tell which queue the request should go to when the ticket is created as the Request Group "name" is not available to me.
In essence I have many Teams that do many of the same task types for a myriad of different servers, environments and products...and frankly, I have no idea how to set up the JSM project such that each team gets their own tickets.
I know the Component list is going to play an important role, but this presents other problems as there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent multiple selections (where it doesn't make sense) or to have a programmatic list without using an add-on that I don't believe we have.