Can you create a template that auto-updates content to additional pages any time a change is made to the master template?
Nope, there is no such thing as a "master" template. Once you save the page created via a template it is disconnected from the template and becomes just a regular page.
Hi Mireille,
Yes, if you use the Scaffolding plugin by ServiceRocket to create a Live template.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.scaffolding/server/overview
Regards,
Kay
Thanks – but let's say I have a block of standard text that I want cascaded across multiple pages (and I don't want to have to copy and paste that text over and over.) Further, that text might be updated several times so I wouldn't want to have to update the individual blocks of text across the board. This is what I mean about a "template".
You can use the Include Page macro to pull in text from another page, and when that original page is updated, the template and all pages created with that template will be updated.
We review and update our templates once or twice a year. It is always a significant amount of work to update the existing pages to match the new format. I thought it would be nice if the template could cascade out the changes when it is updated. This might work well for sections that are new, but what about sections that are removed. You might lose content you still want if the master template removes those sections from existing pages.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.