Up until today I have always used the DBCF to reference other DBCF fields. For some reason when I use a DBCF field with its query based on a Normal Jira select list, everything is working except the saved value is not auto selected the next time the issue is edited. Thus unless the user reselects the value it get cleared.
Using JIRA 5.1.8 and dbcf 2.1.22-SNAPSHOT
For example, this query works fine. It loads the select list values properly and when one is selected it saves the value. When viewing the issue you can see the value and when you edit it, the value is still selected.
SELECT TRIM(TEMP.CHILDVALUE) as FIELDVALUE, TEMP.CHILDID AS PK
FROM SQLFEED_PROPOSEDRESOL_VIEW TEMP
WHERE TEMP.CHILDFIELDID = 11702
AND TRIM(ISSUETYPENAME) = TRIM({issuetype})
This query however (this is the proper filter) based on the value of a normal select list does everything the same except when edited, the value is not selected.
SELECT TRIM(TEMP.CHILDVALUE) as FIELDVALUE, TEMP.CHILDID AS PK
FROM SQLFEED_PROPOSEDRESOL_VIEW TEMP
WHERE TEMP.CHILDFIELDID = 11702
AND TRIM(ISSUETYPENAME) = TRIM({issuetype})
AND TRIM(CUSTOMVALUE) = TRIM({customfield_10700})
I can always convert the parent field from a normal select list custom field to a DBCF but Since this almost works and according to the docs it should work is there something I am doing wrong or is this a bug?