Hello,
I'm working to upgrade our Jira instance, and I am following the migration path. I have a test server that I've installed the target version (5.2) and am about to start my new instance. I'm at step 3.5 of the migration guide (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server), but want to make sure that sending emails and fetching emails are disabled.
The previous step says to follow the steps in Restoring Data (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Restoring+Data). Now unless I'm misunderstanding Step 1, it looks like those are changes when JIRA is not running as a service, however my instance is setup to run as a service. (setenv.bat specifically states the settings have no effect when JIRA runs as a service)
Should I be performing this step by starting JIRA manually by running the start-jira.bat script? Or are there different steps to follow (perhaps setting the Environment Variable at the OS level??) and I can run it as a service?
I just want to make sure I disable them correctly so as to not screw up our production environment (fetching emails) or confusing end users (sending emails).
Thanks!
Matt