Hi guys,
https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Using+Webservice+Object+Referencing+Field is an excellent example of how to get at fields in Jira JSON using Webservice Object Referencing field type where you entry the issue id directly into the field
BUT
how can I pass another field type (instead of entry.jiraRef), such as a value set for a "Text" field into the Service URL?
I have tried different Virtual functions to transform the text value i.e. entry.transform(my_field) etc. but this does not seem to be something that the WOR field recognises.
Can you help with this please?
BR.
Stuart.
Hi @Stuart Wosika
The idea of this field is that the value in the field itself should be used as an argument for the web-service call
Alex
I understand that but I see this would have limited value. I would expect that would pass a value from a lookup or another webservice call for example. Was just trying to understand if could do this and jf so, how would make this value compatible.
Then you just set this field to a value you have looked up or obtained elsewhere
I tried this with fields such as Text and did not pass the value. I thought I would need a Virtual function to do conversion but could not get that to work as well.
Not sure what you mean… could you share an example?
<h1>Form</h1><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="8513c626-244c-4d2f-a1c6-20fbfce5b366" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">myform</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a45b4f9c-fe1b-44ae-a948-15cd7cbd69d1" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="type">Embedded</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><p><br/></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="f5f3510e-65d3-471d-a37e-7d6f46782aa9" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">Keys</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Keys</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="6d8df9eb-7c86-4497-a57e-901312769aa7" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="mapping">|key|undefined</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">jiraRef2</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Jira issue reference</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="values">/rest/api/2/issue/[entry.Keys]</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="extras">c2913ec595525a5f89dd9cd89e54cd94</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">objectRef</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><br/></p><p><br/></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><h1>Table</h1><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="2d84b892-01fa-4aa2-b809-bab871188810" ac:name="confiform-table" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">myform</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="1e4a2c13-de5d-483f-a9b7-5e4c93ed1cb0" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">jiraRef2</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="570382d6-a296-4408-9abc-b4cf0996beb3" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="overrideLabel">Jira issue type description</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">jiraRef2.fields.issuetype.description</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="c199bfaf-b425-43fa-8a82-ec60284c2188" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="overrideLabel">Link to Jira Issue</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">jiraRef2.fields.issuetype.self</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
Trying to pass [entry.Keys] instead of [entry.jiraRef2] to the service URL and this is not working.
You can reference the field itself, as noted in my earlier comment. There is no access to [entry.Keys] for the field jiraRef2
Besides, I see absolutely no point in having /rest/api/2/issue/[entry.Keys]
What do you wan to achieve? Set the value you want to set on Keys field to jiraRef2 field
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.