Hello,
I have created custom field configuration scheme for a project and made story points required for story issuetype and shirt size required for epic issuetype. How can I make them optional? Also, is there a way to add shirt size and story point to a bug issue? Can I add shirt size to a story issue in addition to story point?
Thank you so much for your help!
Go to the field configuration for each issue type (remember these are bound together by the field configuration scheme which says things like "use field configuration 1 for bug and features and use field config 2 for all other issue types)In there, you'll find the mandatory/optional flag for all fields.To add fields to an issue type, check that the field context is correct (on the list of all custom fields), that you have the fields on the right screens for the issue type in those projects, and that the field configuration does not hide them.
Nick,
Both shirt size and story point are optional now, The reason I selected them as required was that they were not visiable whenever we create epic or story issuetypes. We needed to check these fields every time on the configuration field tab. Is there a way to see these fields every time when we create an issue? Please see attachments below.
Ah, I see, you're running in to the problem that individual "field visibility" thing means your users can ignore non-mandatory fields. Thing is, if they're non-mandatory, then the users could easily ignore them even if they weren't being hidden.
The best way to see them all the time is what you've already done - make them mandatory.
Nic,
I am sorry but I am a little confused, So you are saying that "there is no other way to have shirt size and story points to be visible other than making them required" on the issue creation window? My understanding is that if I make them required , these fields need to be filled up during the issue creation. I am curious if they can be visible on the issue creation window but not mandatory to be filled up?
Thank you for your understanding.
Elif
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.