Epics are configured in our project to have a few required custom fields. Our create issue screen is setup properly that when creating an Epic from the "Create Issue" link topcenter, all the fields appear that should be shown.
However, when clicking the "Create epic" link from the Epic panel on Agile boards, the only fields shown by default are Epic Name, Summary, Description. This causes us to either A) click the "create" button at the bottom and have it fail, with the required fields magically appearing, or
Click "Configure Fields" in the upper right to add the fields. Unfortunately, option B selections are never persisted, so its just pointless extra clicking.
Why does the create epic screen from the agile board not obey the Create Issue Screen I configured? I cannot find a way to modify the create issue screen that appears when using the "create epic" link from the agile board. Hopefully I am just missing something obvious.