I'm investigation the usage of application tunnels. On What data can Atlassian Cloud retrieve through a tunnel? I'm reading:
Once a tunnel is created and working, Atlassian Cloud products can make any HTTP requests through it to your self-managed instances. Typically, they make requests to the REST API.
Does this also mean I'll be able to use Jira automation web requests and the webhook functionality to the on-prem Jira without having an incoming connection?
Or does it only allow us to make use of what application links typically do: linking issues between both instances for example.
Hello, Good day. For webhook we need to open HTTPS ports (incoming connection). Thanks
Hi @Mohanraj Thangamuthu
I missed this comment earlier, I'm sorry.
So that means that if I want to perform an http request from Jira Cloud to Jira DC I need to have an incoming connection in Jira DC even if I configured the tunnel?
Please vote this issue:
[AUTO-1122] Allow Jira Automation to Send Web Request through an Application Tunnel - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.
Done!
Sure!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.