Everytime I try to access my website through the server base URL I keep getting a DNS error. How can I fix this?
You need the DNS servers to be set up to know where your server is. Who looks after them for you?
Is there a way to set them up myself? I am also trying to make my desktop into a server. Right now my internet provider is my university.
Well, you could run a DNS server on a machine somewhere (including the Confluence server), but just running a DNS server doesn't mean anyone will use it. Your ISP needs to put the DNS entries into their DNS servers for other people to pick it up.
How would I run a DNS server? This is my first time trying to set up a server for a website so I don't really know much. Any info is great help.
Without a DNS server, you might be able to reach it using the port (the default is 8090).
Try browsing to https://[baseurl].com:8090
Thanks. Would this work on a LAN at least?
Possibly. If the LAN is set up to know that your baseurl should resolve to your server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.