What is the script for adding a text as a behavior ABOVE a field?
Hi MM6161,
Are you using Jira Server/Data Center or Jira Cloud.
Using built-in Jira, you can set a field description on the field configuration page and this will add in the text below the field that can be used to explain to a user how to use the field.
If you are using Jira Server/Data Center then you can use the behaviours plugin to add custom help text when the create screen loads using the setDescription() method and the tutorial here explains how to do this.
I hope this information helps.
Regards,
Kristian
I’m using Jira Server. I used that script but not sure if it worked. I want to add a helper text to a transition screen above a field.
Unfortunately, adding text above a field in Jira is impossible. You can only add text below the field on any screen using either of the approaches mentioned above.
Thanks Kristian for your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.