Hello
How can I create an automation to exclude subtasks from specific status?
What I mean is, all issues can be transitioned from "In progress" to "Ready for Deployment" status except subtasks which cannot get the "Ready for deployment status...
Hi @Mirmelshtein_ Roi
As suggested above, best practice is to create a separate workflow for the issue type sub-task.
If you require to have a certain status not available, by all issue types using the same workflow, you would require to purchase an app from the marketplace.
App examples:
But as mentioned a separate workflow is a free option and best practice.
Hi @Marko Blagus @Sanjen Bariki I went with your suggestion on creating separate workflow for subtasks, i tried it out but I could not figure how to implement it...can you assist with the steps?
Hello @Mirmelshtein_ Roi,
If you don't want subtasks to have that status, why don't you create separate workflow for subtasks than?
You can just copy workflow you're using now and than rename it and remove that status.
Let me know if this is what you want.
Best regards,
Marko Blagus
Hi @Mirmelshtein_ Roi ,
Welcome to Atlassian community!
As per my understanding, you don't want to use the "Ready for Deployment" status in subtask So All issues can transfer from In-progress to "Ready for Deployment" status but Only wants to remove this status in Subtask issue type. It can possible If you create a new workflow for the subtask then this status will not show in the transition.
If i am wrong, Please explain in details to undertsand.
Regards,
Sanjen
Hello @Mirmelshtein_ Roi and thank you @Marc -Devoteam- for mentioning us!
I am part of the support team of Decadis and I would like to confirm that it would be possible to hide a transition only for sub-tasks with a JWT Logical condition in the transition that goes to said status. The necessary expression for this condition would be:
%{issue.issueType} = "Sub-task" IMPLIES false
If you need more information about this or other implementations, please, do not hesitate to contact us in this thread or via our Support Service Desk or visit our documentation.
Vicente
First you need to go to Issues -> Workflows -> Copy workflow you want to use.
Remove that status from that new workflow and rename it, when you're done, save it.
Than under Workflows, you have Workflow Schemes, click on it.
If you already have one, click Edit and than Add Workflow.
Add your new workflow and associate it with subtask.
If you don't have workflow scheme, create a new one and add all workflows you want to use.
When you have scheme ready, go to your project -> Summary -> under Workflows click on your workflow scheme name (link) -> Switch Scheme if you want to use your new scheme.
If your project is already using your scheme, you can skip this last part.
So, here I've explained how you can create new workflow and add it to your existing scheme or create new scheme.
I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot !!
implemented successfully
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.