Server does not accept my license key. Did not move, or change server.
It was working and one day it just switched to setup mode and now it does not accept my license.
I am aware of the FEBRUARY deadline, but FYI it's November now.
Disregard this entry.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Could you give us the error messages you get when you try to post your licence key into the licence box?
I do not think that is likely to be the problem though. It might tell us something, so we need to do it, but you say "it just switched to setup mode", which suggests the problem is deeper down than the licence.
Confluence goes into setup mode if the base config file is unreadable or missing, or if the database is empty. So you should check the <confluence home>/confluence.cfg.xml file next - does that look valid? Database settings in it all correct? Was it changed recently (bearing in mind any setup run might amend it)?
I checked all of these. They were and are fine. But now I get the license request in setup and it says "This Confluence version doesn't support Server licenses. Enter a valid Data Center license to continue."
Free and starter licences will be redirected to the Community, they don't get any support from Atlassian (but asking here does mean you could get help from the Community, and leaders can ask Atlassian to take a look if the Community is stuck)
That suggests you've upgraded Confluence to a version that is going to trip over into the end-of-server time. What version is it reporting as installed?
I changed my entry because I realized it is so. I still find it annoying that I cannot open a direct ticket and once I get this instance running again, I will migrate to another product.
The issue started with 8.3.2 - I updated it to 8.6.1 version and it's still there.
EDIT: I downloaded it from
Atlassian wants me to tell you to move it to Confluence Cloud. That's not a difficult thing to do (I've lost count of the number of migrations I've been involved in, and Confluence is a doddle as long as you prepare the user accounts, user macros, and app data right)
You do also have the option of Data Center, but the way support redirected you here suggests that you are not a big user. Data Center licencing starts at 500 users (which is way over the threshold for being able to get support from Atlassian)
Did you fix your issue?I can see that these are the Data Center Only versions - 8.7.1, 8.6.2, 8.6.1, 8.6.0
Starting from 8.6, new Confluence releases support only Data Center licenses. If you try to upgrade to Confluence 8.6 or later with your Server license, you’ll be asked for a valid Data Center license or you’ll need to downgrade to the version you were on before the upgrade.
If you’d like to continue using a Server license, you can upgrade to the Confluence 8.5 Long Term Support release or earlier.
Maybe try v8.5.x?
Ooooh yes, I fixed. it. Restored my fluked instance from backup, then immediately switched to YouTrack for this one. It imported everything without a sneeze.I won't even spit in the direction of confluence ever again.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.