We've been running the EAR/WAR configuration for years, but since the fancy new automated upgrade tools are only available for standalone installations, I've been considering a switch. After further investigation, however, it looks like there's no 64-bit windows standalone installation package.
I guess I *could* let it install 32-bit everything and then swap in the 64-bit procrun and reconfigure Jira to use my 64-bit java. But if I do all that, I'm wondering if the automated upgrades will work after I've finished reconfiguring everything. If I have to go through all the work of reconfiguring, there's not much point in switching from the EAR/WAR configuration unless it buys me something during future upgrades.
Anyone have any experience or advice to lend here? Atlassian support keeps pushing me to consider the standalone setup, but it doesn't seem to make any sense unless you're running linux (where they have a 64-bit standalone installation package available). Am I missing something?