Email from eneral setting in JIRA system configuration stopped working when I tried to send test email from Configured SMTP server
What does the log say?
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender; nested exception is: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSenderFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender
at com.atlassian.mail.server.impl.SMTPMailServerImpl.sendWithMessageId(SMTPMailServerImpl.java:213) at com.atlassian.mail.queue.SingleMailQueueItem.send(SingleMailQueueItem.java:44) at com.atlassian.mail.queue.MailQueueImpl.sendBuffer(MailQueueImpl.java:66) at com.atlassian.jira.mail.JiraMailQueue$1.apply(JiraMailQueue.java:57) at com.atlassian.jira.mail.JiraMailQueue$1.apply(JiraMailQueue.java:53) at com.atlassian.jira.util.velocity.DefaultVelocityRequestContextFactory.runWithStaticBaseUrl(DefaultVelocityRequestContextFactory.java:127) at com.atlassian.jira.util.DefaultBaseUrl.runWithStaticBaseUrl(DefaultBaseUrl.java:41) at com.atlassian.jira.mail.JiraMailQueue.sendBuffer(JiraMailQueue.java:52) at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailQueueService.run(MailQueueService.java:28) at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:66) at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runService(ServiceRunner.java:75) at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runServiceId(ServiceRunner.java:53) at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runJob(ServiceRunner.java:36) at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:135) at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:101) at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:80) at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1Job.execute(Quartz1Job.java:32) at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:223) at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender;
Well, there's the answer - the user you have set up for sending the email from JIRA does not have the right to send the emails. The account needs adjusting on the mail server.
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] So these were the last errors when test emails were not shooting out. So I made the change for the user which have rights. Emails start going out but {Email from} is not coming in the notifications though there was no change made in it
Hi Rahul,
I got that same message. The problem was on the exchange side. Exchange would not let me send as user JIRA from my personal account, even though I was able to log in with my account. So we had to create a user that matched the "Email from" exactly. So we created a user in exchange jira@<company>.com and it started to work.
Best,
Robert
@Robert Nadon I am not sure what you are saying applicable at my end but I have added more details here which can help to understand my problem which wasn't existing before but started suddenly.@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] MYJIRA was just an example, I am attaching three screenshots here which shows how the "email From" address looks like before and what is coming right now. Configuration on general setting wasn't changed. My issue here is why the email address behavior changed When email from setting is present on the JIRA system settings. Exchange server is just medium to send the notification email but the template or customized text should be invoked from the JIRA instance.
From reading your comments, When I change the from id I do not get: MYJIRA [jira@atlassian.com] I get myjira [ mylira@atlassian.com ] Just my two cents I am no where near the expert Nic is, just giving my two cents.
Ok, two more questions... Are these mails from a project with a different email sender? Have you turned off "can browse user" in global permissions?
No, it is from same email sender and no changes made to global permissions at all. Browse user is still turned on. Only I tried sending test email from SMTP set email account which is nothing but "CommunityAdmins" which I mentioned in the screenhshot
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.