Just upgraded from v4.3.3 to v5.0.6, finally got all system working again - now ready to begin upgrade to v5.1.xx, but woudl like to clean up original JIRA installation folder in keeping with the new naming conventions before proceeding with the upgrade. Current instalaltion folder was the standard for a windows-based system: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\JIRA 4.3.3", and I think I want to change it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\JIRA" to stay with the new naming convention, but I'd like some direction on how to best proceed. I intended to keep my JIRA home folder as it is, and just make it easier for any future upgrades to end up in a propelry named folder.
I will be testing the upgrade to v5.1.xx shortly - so if that is the best process to follow (using the migrate to a different server method maybe?? ) then that is what I'll do - but I was hoping there was a way I could do that "in place with the current 5.0.6 version" and then just do the standard in-place upgrade after that
Any recommedations on the best way to proceed? thanks!