I am trying to use Jira Automation to assign a story point value based on labels. For example, label A = story point value 1, label B = 2 points, C = 3, and so on. I have about 15 labels and there can be any combination of them on a given issue. I want the story points to be the cumulative value.
My trigger is when the label field changes. What I'd like to do is just reset it to zero and then add to it for every label I find. I tried using if statements, but I only ever get the first value added, never cumulative. I tried zeroing out the story points first, but that doesn't seem to apply either. It's not an if\else scenario, it's multiple if statements.
I'm missing something in getting this value passed from one if statement to the next in my automation. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this would be much appreciated.