Hi support,
In JIRA's Outgoing mail server Is it possible to authenticate outgoing mails via logged-in user's Mail ID.
Please refer attached screen shot.
P.I - I am using JIRA 6.3.4
Awaiting for your positive Reply!
Regards,
Hardik Parekhjira-capture-screenshot-20140910-165413-907.png
No, it can't do that. Because it does not have the user's passwords, even if you could guarantee that the users password on the mail server is the same as their login password. (I certainly have different passwords)
Hi Nic,
Thanks for quick reply!
So Does it possible if it reflects logged-in user's mail id in from address instead of configured mail id(jira@addteq.com) ? no need to authenticate via logged-in user's id.
Thanks & Regards,
Hardik
Depends on the mail server - does it let you send email from any account without a username and password?
Hi Nic,I think I found what I was looking for but now I stuck in very serious issue. Can you please help me for that?
download (11).png
Issue : As we have many project in JIRA. after configuring this ${fullname} all of the mails notification from any project are landing up under 1 notification.Please refer below attached snapshot.download (13).png
P.I : I was looking for notification should came as username which I achieved by putting ${fullname} but after that I stuck in this
Help!!!
I'm sorry, I can't see enough detail here to understand the problem. I can see a comment and a mention that relate back to Jira issues, but nothing actually wrong (although there is missing stuff like the email to and from adresses, and their display names in gmail, and so-on)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.