Hello,
I'd like to hide the Page Information option under Tools from Anonymous users. Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks!
Have you tried using Javascript and css?
Here are two links that should help you achieve what you are looking for:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=697139365
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Hide+Elements+in+Confluence+Using+CSS+or+JavaScript
Thanks for the quick response. I actually found those two pages during my initial search for an answer. But I am specifically looking to hide Page Information. I don't want to hide the Tools menu entirely since it contains options that I want anonymous users to have access to. I'm wondering if there is a way to hide options within the Tools menu.
Hi,
In that case then you just need to find the ID of the specific item in the tools menu you want to hide.
Example:
AJS.toInit(function(){
if
(AJS.params.remoteUser ==
''
){
AJS.$(
'#view-attachments-link'
).hide();
AJS.$(
'#action-view-history-link'
}
});
If you are using chrome, just highlight the link, right click and select "Inspect Element" to find the ID of that specific link. When you have the ID just add it to the list of things being hidden inside the if statement above.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.