Hi,
I am trying to migrate an existing JIRA (5.2.5) with Tempo to another Server/VM and encounter a date conversion problem.
The cause of the problem seem to be the different time zones of the existing JIRA server (=CET) and the target server (=UTC).
I migrate JIRA by creating a dump of the source postgresql database and moving dump, installation and data directories to the new server.
The migration ends up in corrupted work logs in the Tempo area of JIRA. This screenshot shows the original and correct work logs.
The next screenshot shows the same and corrupted worklogs on the new server:

As you can see all times are shifted by one day in the past :-(
The specific cause seem to be that Tempo stores work logs with a time stamp of "2013-12-20 00:00:00". As CET lies one our ahead of UTC this will become "2013-12-20 23:00:00" on the new server.
When I set the server TZ to CET like on the former server anything looks fine again. But I definitely want to run the server with UTC as this is company standard.
My question would be how to perform the migration/conversion to have the UTC timezone and correct worklog entries in Tempo. Unfortunatly I was not able to find any hints on how to migrate a JIRA instance between servers with different time zones. So I appreciate any hint in the right direction! Both servers are RHE 6.5 systems by the way.
Best Regards,
Christian