I need to have my smtp server (gmail) send notifications with a different address than the gmail user address. That is, the username is xxxx@arabidopsis.org (a gmail address for our domain) and I want it to be xxxx@geneontology.org, the domain for our HelpDesk. I have change the From default name in the SMTP setup, and I have also changed the Notification email in the project, but when I make a comment in the project, the notification says it is from xxxx@arabidopsis.org. Is there something else I need to do?
Looks like a bug, so I filed a support request.
https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-163915
have you gone through the following doc
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA%27s+SMTP+Mail+Server+to+Send+Notifications
check the from address at
Administration > System > General Configuration and (under Settings), edit the Email from field.
The Email from field just sets the text name, not the email address. I did change that to remove the user name variable, which causes all kinds of problems with email clients. However, as my report stated, I am interested in changing the email *address*, which the document you point to states can be change in the SMTP Mail Server screen with the "From address" field or in the project Notification "email" field, both of which I've changed. Any other suggestions, or is this a bug?
Hi Bob.
did you already added xxxx@geneontology.org to your project?
take a look at the first image here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Email+Notifications
this should be what you're aiming at
Yes, that was the first place I changed the address. When that didn't have any effect, I went to the Default SMTP Server and changed the From address there as well, which in turn did not have any effect.
can you paste a screenshot of your smtp configuration?
afaik the FROM address can differ from the actual account that is used to login to the Mailserver. Maybe google needs an additional setting..i remember reading about some extra setting that needs to be done on GMail side...but i don't know clearly if it matches your request...
you may take a look at
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Gmail+as+a+JIRA+Mail+Server
oh you're right...i missed that 4.3 line...
hmm this sounds like a possible support request to be addressed with atlassian.
your screenshot looks ok. as you said your project is configured with that email address as well..i got no other idea here..
maybe a gmail setting to be able to use a different FROM that the logged in users default?
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en
sorry if i couln't help...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.