Hi, I'am a bit struggeling withh application links right now. In order to move forward here I was just wondering how the option "shared user base" is actually definded. Does this need to be the same LDAP directory (if LDAP is used)? Or are do the usernames need to be identical and that's it?
More specific I want to ask which setting would be the best for the following scenario:
Confluence and JIRA are set up and both using the same ActiveDirectory. Additionally both applications use an internal direcotry, but this is different. E.g. User A is not in LDAP but only in internal directory of JIRA and therefore can only access JIRA (and not confluence). The setup looks as follows:
JIRA: ActiveDirectory + JIRA Internal directory
Confluence: ActiveDirectory + Confluence Internal directory
So wicht scenario if the gliffy chart on this page of the documentation does this match?
Thanks a lot! Cheers, David