So I guess I'm one of the rare unicorns that bought an unlimited Agent license back in the days. It was great, I never had to worry about managing licenses or asking users to make silly tickets to gain access as an agent.
With the conversion to Data Center, I now have to work within fixed constraints. I'm creating a ScriptRunner listener to automatically gives users a license whenever they are added to the project role Service Desk Team since I don't want to manually shuffle licenses. I will also have a clean-up rotation job that will rotate out old inactive users.
So I know if I exceed the Jira Software license it goes into some read-only state.
But what happens if I only exceed the Agent license count? Will regular Jira still work? Will my portals still accept tickets?
PS: If anyone is interested in my scriptrunner listener, happy to share it.