I need to ensure that as an issue is resolved as anything other than Fixed, the FixVersion is set to Not Applicable.
Hi Nick,
Apparently there may be no standard JIRA configuration which may allow you to achieve this requirement.
However, I believe that this may be possible by using JavaScript which will update the FixVersion field automatically based on the issue resolution. You may kindly refer to the following documentation which may contain some example that can be used for you to achieve this:- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Fields+Allowing+Custom+HTML+or+JavaScript - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Using+JavaScript+to+Set+Custom+Field+Values
Though it's not much, I hope that this will help!
Thanks Ahmad, but it seems there may be a way, using JIRA Scripting Suite.
I found this code snippet today :
If you want to clear out your Fix Version (say when you Close - Won't Fix something) you need to pass an empty list.
if
(issue.getResolutionObject().getName() \!=
'Fixed'
):
issue.setFixVersions(\[\])
However it gives me an error :
Root cause SyntaxError: ("mismatched character '!' expecting '\\n'", ('<string>',1,43, "if (issue.getResolutionObject().getName() \\!= 'Fixed'):\n"))
):\n"))
So maybe the snippet is incomplete. Anyone help, please ?
If I add the '\\' escapes then I get the same error with more of them !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.