Hi, I needed to move from OnDemand hosted JIRA to our own company server.
After installing JIRA 5.2.2 and uploaded the OnDemand Backup zip file to /home/imports
I am getting this error:
The xml data you are trying to import seems to be from a newer version of JIRA. This will not work.
I follow steps from here.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site
How can it be a newer version when I have installed from the latest download JIRA 5.2.2?
Is this a bug? Please help
Hi dklsh,
Check this out
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Application+Versions
The current version running on OnDemand is JIRA 6.0-OD-2
Seems that I can get the latest 6.0 early access from http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-eap so that i can import data from the latest OnDemand hosted JIRA
Argh! then how on earth can I import my data from OnDemand to the latest self hosted JIRA ?!
this still failed to import, same error saying JIRA Ondemand backup is from a newer version!
I couldn't make import too. The decision was such: the new jira version with a standard database was established and to it was fastened (it was changed dbconfig.xml) a database (I have oracle). Jira carried out reindex. It worked. Were updated from version 4.1 on 5.0.7
Hey,
At what stage did you provide the XML backup? It has to be given during the initial setup wizard stage. Read the 3rd point in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site#MigratingfromJIRAOnDemandtoaJIRAInstalledSite-Instructions
try this link please
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Project+Import+from+a+JIRA+OnDemand+Backup+to+Standalone
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.