This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing project permissions
I am looking for a method to limit which users can add or remove issues from the active sprint. I want them to be able to move issues between future sprints, just not to or from the active sprint.
You may need to revisit https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-administrator-s-guide/jira-agile-jira-configuration. Permissions chapter
I have looked at the section, but I don't see any option that would allow just to limit access to the active sprint. It seems to be either access all of them, or none of them. Am I missing something?
correct. permissions are not sprint-state-aware.
This seems like a major draw back. Seems like I should be able to allow the Product Owner the ability to manage the backlog in any way they see fit but not allow them to create / add stories to the active sprint.
Trying to do this through policy without support of the software can lead to major political battles.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.