Hi Atlassians. I have a Jira project where I frequently need to get information from third parties. Typically I'll use the @mention feature in a comment to get Jira to email them for me.
I've realise it can save me a lot of time if Jira handles the reply emails for me. I want the user to be able to click Reply and have their reply added as a comment on the original issue.
It seems like this should be possible, and all the pieces seem to be in place in Jira. I've been able to configure the IMAP integration with our exchange server and Jira sees the emails, all good. However, Jira sends the @mention notification email out with the reply-to address set to the user who made the @mention, so the reply goes directly to the user instead of the project's mailbox, so Jira never sees the reply.
So near and yet so far! How can I persuade Jira to send @mentions using the project mailbox as the reply-to address?
Thanks,
Tim