I am working on self-signed SSL for JIRA and Crowd (other applications too)
I did what is on the documentations.. but it is not working..
Followed JIRA Command line installationhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+JIRA+over+SSL+or+HTTPSSSL is working fine. Was able to use HTTPS
Followed Crowd Command line installation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Configuring+Crowd+to+Work+with+SSLSSL is working fine. Was able to use HTTPS..
Tried integrating https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA
but it is not working..When I try to add Crowd directory to the Jira using user directories option in JIRA..
and set Serval URL as https..I am getting Connection test failed. Response from the server:javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Only thing I did was following the documentations...
I am running another server without using SSL.. which is HTTP..everything was fine... I was fully testing it with HTTP but when I did above 2 documents.. it does not let me integrate jira and crowd
Young,
You're almost there. Just import JIRA's cert into Crowd and vice versa. Follow the steps at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+SSL+services
I already tried.. but not working... JIRA is using jks file for certification.. and Crowd is using keystore.. However, I did try your link which is creating public.crt and put it into the keystore.. it is not working.. for Crowd.. it is already in keystore (according to the link I posted) with alias tomcat. But still I did the same.. created public crt for this and put it into keystore with alias crowd.. still game same error when I try to do user directory
Hi Young,
I could see you've opened a ticket with us where I'm working with you. I believe if you reply the ticket with the output of the commands I've sent you we can speed up the investigation .
In case something isn't clear on the ticket, please let us know.
Regards,
Renato Rudnicki
this is separate question of setting up the SSL.. on that you reply was setting up crowd ssl which I got the answer and successfully set up.. but I am having problem with integration of CROWD and Jira using SSL
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.