Context:
- We have a Jira custom field called "Team" that indicates who is owning the work
- In our Jira Ticket Hierarchy, Epics are under Initiatives
I'm looking to create a JQL filter for Team A to use for Jira Advanced Roadmap. I want them to see all the epics for all the Initiatives they are involved in, so they can understand where their work fits into the larger scope of all the Initiatives they are contributing to.
Example below, see image attached for reference
Team A has Epic 1 and the ownership is indicated through custom field of Team = "Team A".
Epic 1 rolls up into an Initiative Alpha (via parent link). Initiative Alpha is led by Team B. Initiative Alpha has a number of epics that roll up into it from a number of Teams.
How do I create a filter that returns the full list of Epics in any Initiative that Team A is contributing to (ie. has an Epic for). So In this case, I want the filter to return Epics 1, 2, 3.
ChatGPT suggest I add this to my filter, but it's not working as expected
- Addition suggested: issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Team = \"Team A\"", "is parent of")
- Current Filter: Team = "Team A" OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Subteam = 'Team A'")
