We have been running confluence 5.6.3 over http. Now we find that we have issues with the Office connector when not running over SSL.
I wanted to test this on our sandbox instance, which has no DNS name, I followed the instructions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF56/Running+Confluence+Over+SSL+or+HTTPS
If I enter the URL like this "https://<IP ADDRESS>:8090 I get an SSL connection error: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
When I generated the self signed cert I entered the IP Address when asked for "first and last name".
Could this be the problem?
I generated my keypair/cert like this:
keytool -genkeypair -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore /var/atlassian/atlassian.keystore
Enter keystore password:
Re-enter new password:
What is your first and last name?
[Unknown]: <REPLACED>:8090
What is the name of your organizational unit?
[Unknown]:
What is the name of your organization?
[Unknown]:
What is the name of your City or Locality?
[Unknown]:
What is the name of your State or Province?
[Unknown]:
What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
[Unknown]:
Is CN=<REPLACED>:8090, OU=Unknown, O=Unknown, L=Unknown, ST=Unknown, C=Unknown correct? (type "yes" or "no")
[no]: yes
Enter key password for <tomcat>:
(RETURN if same as keystore password):
In the above I have replaced my actual IP with "<REPLACED>".
My server.xml looks like this:
<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" SSLEnabled="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="MY_PASSWORD_USED_WHEN_GENERATING_KEYPAIR"
keystoreFile="/var/atlassian/atlassian.keystore"/>